We may not necessarily dress according to the latest trends. We do however, believe what gives an outfit that extra Oomph is the added accessory(ies). So, here’s a list of our top 5 must-have accessories to invest in. Wear them till they “break”.
1. POINTED-TOE HEELS
WHY: These babies will instantly add a sleek sophistication to your look; whether it’s just casual drinks with the girls or an important meeting with a client. They also create the illusion of elongated legs making you look taller and slimmer.
1) Try them out before making the purchase because comfort is important.
2) Be bold and go for an option with colour or interesting details.
2. DELICATE JEWELLERY
WHY: They are easy to wear and you can layer them with almost anything. They appear more expensive looking too.
1) Don’t be stingy. Layer and stack as many pieces as you want to at once.
2) Don’t be afraid to mix metals.
3) Be creative and experiment with the different sizes/ lengths.
4) Keep the hue of stones (if any) neutral. Stick to just one pop of colour.
3. A LEATHER TOTE
WHY: It is functional, durable and very versatile. Plus, it never goes out of style.
1) Make sure it has a sturdy strap.
2)Pick a size that does not drown you.
3)Clean and condition the leather surface when necessary to extend longevity.
4. A PRINTED BLAZER
WHY: It does not only make your outfit look sharp, it also adds character.
1) Choose a print with hues that compliment your skin tone.
2) Keep the rest of the outfit neutral. If you want to add some colour, sample a pigment from the print.
5. STRAPPY FLAT SANDALS
WHY: If you decide to take a break from wearing heels, these will be a more polished option than a pair of flip-flops. It provides comfort without compromising your sense of style.
1) Make sure the fit is right to avoid discomfort.
2) For an evening look: Go for options with embeliished or bedazzled details.
photos via Pinterest