The beauty of having long locks is the ability to style it in more ways than one. The curse comes when deciding on a hairstyle for an ocassion. True, the easiest way out is to grab a curler and let it work its magic or simply pull your hair into a bun. But for those of you wanting to step out of your comfort zone, here are some ideas.
1. The Vintage Glam – Time to channel your inner Jessica Alba or Blake Lively cos they’ve both done it! No doubt this is sort of a blast from the past but don’t worry about looking too old. This style is elegant, sophisticated and gives you a touch of glamour without looking over the top. Plus, it’s perfect for those who may be a little self-conscious about having your hair all tied back.
2. The Braid – Introduce the braid into your up-do or have it braided down. Either way works depending on which look you’re going for. Having it all tied up gives you a more classic, elegant look while the latter gives you a cleaner and sleeker look. But what both can achieve is a touch of playfulness and femininity.
3. The High Poney – Like the braid, this can be done in two ways: curled or straightened. The curled poney will give you a fresh and feminine look while the straightened poney comes across as stronger and edgier. But one thing’s for sure; they’ll both stand out! Tip: give it a little back comb to make it a bouncy poney.
4. The Low Poney – On the contrary, if you’re concerned about looking too young or sporty then opt for a low poney instead. Ensure that the front is neatly slicked back. You can keep it simple by tying it with a band and then covering the band with your hair by going around it or give it a little more character, as shown in the picture.
5. The Half – If you’re looking for something subtle yet feminine, try tying your hair in half with a twist. Get the beach wave to go along with it. The beach wave shouldn’t be limited to just the beach or casual outfits because it gives you an effortlessly sultry and sexy look.
Each style is very much dependant on your entire getup and the overall look you’re hoping to achieve. If you need any advice at all or if you simply want to know which hairstyle goes best with your outfit, drop us a line below.
Also, we are running our first giveaway! (only applicable if you’re Malaysian though, sorry!) These hairstyles would not have been possible without hair maven, Philex Chin of Peekaboo Malaysia and together with Peekaboo, we’re giving away a free hairstyling session at Peekaboo TTDI by Philex worth RM100 for 3 lucky winners!
All you have to do is tell us your favorite hairstyle from the ones listed above and why in the comment section below. Best 3 answers win and will be contacted via email at the end of May 26th 2016!